Getting a personal injury claim you deserve is what a client should keep in mind. A personal injury lawyer is a legal attorney who is providing legal services to those who are claiming for being injured, psychologically or physically, as a result of another person’s negligence, government agency, company, or any entity.
Saddler Law Firm has a team of personal injury lawyers, experts in the area of tort law.
What is tort law?
A tort is an omission or act that gives rise to harm or injury to another. Tort injury is described as the invasion of any legal right, whereas harm is described as a detriment or loss in the fact that a person suffers.
Personal injury lawyers are legal attorneys who specialize in tort law. Here are the common examples of common personal injury claims:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Traffic collisions
- Defective products
- Workplace injuries
- Professional malpractice
Personal injury lawyers are also referred to as trial lawyers, although many types of lawyers are available, including defense lawyers, criminal prosecutors who also appear in trials. Although some other personal injury claims are settled without going to court or trial.
The basics of personal injury law
Personal injury law allows an injured person to file a case, civil lawsuit and get legal damages for all the losses stemming from an incident or accident. The personal injury system allows an injured person to get financial compensation or be made whole after suffering from harm due to someone’s intentional conduct or negligence.
There are several situations where the rules of personal injury may apply:
- Accidents. Personal injury rules may apply in some situations where a person acts negligently. Carelessness causes harm to the other person. Examples may include:
- Car accidents
- Slip and fall incident
- Medical malpractice and other types of cases
- Defective products. When a consumer product, medical device, vehicle component, pharmaceutical, and some other product is unreasonably dangerous or defective, anyone harmed by the use of the product can file a product liability lawsuit against the maker.
- Intentional acts. Personal injury laws may apply in some situations where the intentional conduct of the defendant causes harm. Examples of this include battery and assault, and other intentional personal injury laws.
- Defamation. It is when a person’s defamatory statement will cause harm to another.
A person suffering from an injury caused by accidents like accidents, dog bites, serious injury, and premise liability is handled by the Saddler Law Firm.