Holy Heroes Spiritual Journal
The Holy Heroes Spiritual Diary is a perfect gift for anyone pre-teen & up! (Hint: that includes YOU!)
FIRST: our Holy Heroes Spiritual Journal is packed with the help you need to
- RECOLLECT yourself for prayer,
- REMIND yourself of those people and intentions you need to pray for,
- and RESTORE yourself to the rhythm of the God’s plan for you in the Liturgical year and your state in life.
It is flexible to fit your own prayer “style” and state in life, but it will also challenge you with practices the saints have proven to raise your soul to God’s transforming love.
You’ll find pages for:
- “How to Use the Spiritual Journal,” with tips from previous users,
- A list of over 50 Feast Days for the year (no, it’s not ALL of them, but we think we’ve included most of your favorites),
- Traditional prayers for morning, midday, and nighttime,
- Scriptural citations for the Holy Rosary and the days to pray each set of Mysteries,
- A step-by-step daily Daily Examen based on the method of Saint Ignatius Loyola,
- Prayer lists for people you know, people you don’t know, and prayer intentions (and–because children asked for it–space for “God’s Answer,” because they know sometimes He does not give us what we want, because it is not what we need),
- Advent and Lenten guidelines, regulations, and explanations (the Lent page has the rules for fasting and abstinence!),
- A short examination of conscience and step-by-step guide for Confession–with tear out pages to bring with you into the Confessional (children asked for this…but we adults use them, too)
Then, the “meat” of the Journal are the pages for each day, with handy checkboxes and lines to record some of your ordinary practices, such as whether you’ve prayed the Rosary (and how many decades) that day or gone to Mass or Confession. These pages are not dated, so you can use as many pages as you need for each day, and you can skip days without wasting any pages.
Here’s what is truly unique and helpful–the most-asked for improvement:
The Holy Heroes Spiritual Journal has a pocket in the back for holding your other prayer aids, and each Journal comes with four “Prayer Prompt” cards to help you at the start and end of your days to focus on what the Church asks of us during different liturgical seasons. Simply select the “Prayer Prompt” card that matches the current season and select from the prompts the ones that best help you during the day. Whether you like to pray at the beginning of the day or end of the day, or both, these “prompt cards” will help–one side is for morning, the other for the evening!
Then: Add your own Holy Cards or prayer booklets to the pocket–so everything is together in one spot!