All About Reading/Spelling: Letter Tiles
We recommend that you add magnets (sold separately) to the back of these letter tiles so you can use them on a magnetic board.
The phonogram tiles are color-coded for faster learning:
- Consonants and consonant teams are blue.
- Vowels and vowel teams are red.
- Tiles representing the sound of /er/ are purple.
- The remaining r-controlled vowels are yellow.
- Tiles representing the sound of /sh/ are green.
- The apostrophe, hyphen, and ed are orange.
The five heading labels help you group your tiles on the table while you are teaching. Logically grouping the tiles makes them easy to locate during a spelling lesson and aids visual memory.
Each set contains 108 tiles—two each of letters a to z, one each of the remaining letter combinations, and six blank tiles.
Other features and benefits include:
- The tiles glide smoothly on the table, making it easy to pull down letters, form words, and swap letters.
- The 1" square size makes them easy for children's hands to manipulate.
- Tiles easily wipe clean.
- The letter tiles and heading labels are made from heavy laminated cardstock and and are micro-perforated, ready for you to easily separate.
- Affordable, so each student can have his or her own set.
- Durable and designed to last through many years of use.
We Also Recommend
Writing Our Catholic Faith Grade 2MC (Introduction to Cursive)
Writing Our Catholic Faith Grade Kindergarten (Beginning Manuscript Writing)
Writing Our Catholic Faith Grade 1 (Manuscript Writing)
Writing Our Catholic Faith Grade 2M (Manuscript Writing)