Braving the Storm (Gospel Time Trekkers #2)
About this Book:
In this second volume of the Gospel Time Trekkers series, children ages 6 - 9 are taken on a journey that imaginatively retraces Jesus's miracle of the five loaves and two fish and the miracle at the wedding in Cana. On this journey, young readers personally encounter Jesus, experiencing what it was like to live in his time and be present for important Scriptural events. Remaining true to Biblical culture and scholarship, this historical fiction book offers a creative presentation of Christian faith and values, making it the perfect addition to your home or school library!
The siblings time-travel to a small town where they meet Levi, the son of a merchant. They discover that Levi had been in a crowd listening to Jesus speak and was the one who offered to share his five loaves and two fish, which Jesus multiplied to feed the hungry crowd. After hearing his story, they set off with him to find Jesus, only to get lost in Cana in the middle of a raging storm! But they can't go home just yet... they still have one more miracle story to hear!
About this Series:
The Gospel Time Trekkers series follows the adventures of three siblings as they travel back to Gospel times to find Jesus and learn to discover him in their everyday lives.
Features & Benefits:
- Connects Scripture and liturgy to a child's everyday life
- Presents Biblical history and culture in a faithful and well-researched manner
- Fulfills a child's curiosity to know what it would have been like to live during Jesus's time
- Models Ignatian imaginative prayer
- Featured in a series that presents various Biblical events
- Offers an alternative to typical catechetical resources
We Also Recommend
The Costly Cookies Chronicles: A Young Heart Discovers the Face of Christ
The Adventures of Loupio, Volume 4: The Inn and Other Stories