Christian Fatherhood: Eight Commitments of St. Joseph's Covenant Keepers
by Stephen Wood
This 10th anniversary edition expanded by the author includes updated statistics and family research along with words from Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI. Christian Fatherhood is the best-selling book covering the eight commitments of St. Joseph’s Covenant Keepers and gives dads the tools they need to succeed as husbands and fathers. Endorsed by Mother Teresa, Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke, Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, Cardinal Stafford, Cardinal O’Connor, and many others, this book presents a genuine Christian perspective for renewing the world by restoring the vocation of fatherhood.In a world where the high calling of covenantal fatherhood is undervalued at best and more often ignored, Christian Fatherhood is an invaluable resource to help men understand and live out their vocation.
Men who read this book will learn:
- Why covenant keeping is so important
- How to follow St. Joseph as a role model for fathers
- What it means to be a “servant leader” of a family
- How the sacraments are necessary for effective fatherhood
- How to improve communication in your marriage
- How busy dads can preserve their priorities and manage their time
- Ingredients necessary for building a successful men's ministry
- What your children want most from you – and how to give it
- How to protect, provide for, and educate your children
Christian Fatherhood includes a chapter on the effects of birth control on a marriage and family and challenges Christian men to follow the Church’s teaching in this area of their marriage. This chapter is not only effective, it is life-transforming. It has literally saved marriages on the brink of divorce and brought many Christian men back into the fullness of the Catholic faith. This small chapter is worth its weight in gold for its unique effectiveness in communicating to men in a simple, challenging and straightforward way how birth control affects their marriage and their relationship with God.
There are very few contemporary Catholic books written to dads about their vocation. Christian Fatherhood is a unique resource and the perfect tool to help any father become the very best Dad he can be.
We Also Recommend
Jesus of Nazareth: The Story of His Life Simply Told
Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus