My Thankfulness Journal: Intermediate
My Thankfulness Journals offer practice with writing skills and gratitude.
As the student recalls the pleasant details of the day, he receives clear guidance for sharing his thoughts in prayer to the Giver of every good and perfect gift.
For intermediate writers (chronological age 9-12, or comparable skill level)
- Provides a more advanced, smaller-size font.
- Fades dotted-line prompting as exercises progress.
- Supplies the child with a correct form for letter writing (greeting, indentation for body, closing) in every lesson.
- Provides the opportunity to write in paragraph form.
- Begins each entry, “Dear Heavenly Father,” and closes, “Your child,” with space for the signature.
These journals, written in New American Cursive, can help your students with:
- improving penmanship
- organizing thoughts onto paper
- composing with the correct form for letter writing
Habits of Gratitude
- noticing unexpected daily blessings
- becoming more aware of the kindnesses of others
- acknowledging daily mercies as coming from God Himself
Elements of Prayer
- reflecting on each day
- meditating on Scripture
- giving thanks
Essentials for a Strong Mind
- disciplining thoughts in an orderly manner
- shifting from self-pity to appreciation
- focusing on that which is good and true
To assist with memory work or meditation, each page provides a verse of Scripture from the King James Version