One-Minute Apologist: The Essential Catholic Replies to Over 60 Protestant Claims
Fast answers to anti-Catholic claims!
If you’re looking for solid Catholic answers to common Protestant challenges, but don’t have lots of time, then reach for The One-Minute Apologist.
Here renowned Catholic apologist Dave Armstrong (author of A Biblical Defense of Catholicism and The Catholic Verses) has assembled over sixty of the claims and arguments that Protestants (of all stripes) most frequently level against the Church. Drawing on a lifetime of study — in Scripture, history, and the works of Catholic and Protestant theologians — he delivers the essential Catholic replies to each claim, packaged for you in a compact and uniquely usable format.
And since he’s a convert from Evangelicalism, Armstrong presents these anti-Catholic claims with an insider’s accuracy — using the special terms, references, and follow-up arguments that you’re mostly likely to hear in real-world encounters — and responds to them in a way Protestants can understand and appreciate.
The One-Minute Apologist is concise, but never superficial. It cites or quotes more than a thousand Scripture verses, along with the words of scores of saints and scholars — including many respected Protestant sources. Packing centuries of learning and wisdom into just a few tightly structured pages, The One-Minute Apologist decisively refutes common Protestant claims such as:
- “The Bible is the only infallible source of theological truth.”
- “Peter is not the ‘rock’ to which Jesus referred.”
- “Celibacy for priests is unnatural and unbiblical.”
- “The Catholic Mass is an abomination.”
- “True Christians cannot fall away from salvation.”
- “Mary had other children besides Jesus.”
- “Indulgences allow Catholics to ‘indulge’ in sin.”
- “Venerating the saints is a form of idolatry.”
- “The Catholic ban on contraception has no scriptural basis.”
- And over 50 other pervasive Protestant objections to Catholic doctrine and practice!
More accessible than thick theological tomes, more substantial than tracts, and better organized than other “quick answer” books, The One-Minute Apologist is the one source you’ll find yourself turning to whenever you have the need to defend the Catholic Faith quickly, credibly, and well.
Paperback. 160 pages.
We Also Recommend
The Story of the Church: Her Founding, Mission and Progress