Third Form Latin Instructional DVDs
Third Form Latin continues the journey of Latin grammar by reviewing all material in First and Second Form, completing the verb paradigms for all four conjugations in the indicative active and passive, and much more. Third Form employs the identical format of First and Second Form—an attractive, concise Student Text, systematic presentation in five units, extensive Workbook exercises, and a Teacher Manual with everything you need to successfully teach this course.
The Third Form Latin DVDs (3 discs, 7.5 hours, 10-15 minutes/lesson) feature superb explanations by former Highlands Latin School teacher Kirby Ownby. Mr. Ownby, holds a B.A. in Religion and Latin from Samford University and an M.Div. from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. At Highlands Latin School he taught Latin in both the Lower and Upper Schools. An avid lover of all things outdoors, he loves to go on canoe trips, hike in the Smoky Mountains, and fish.
In Third Form, the student will master:
- Perfect system passive indicative of all four conjugations
- Active and passive subjunctive (all tenses) of all four conjugations
- Imperative mood and vocative case
- 4th declension neuter nouns
- 3rd declension adjectives of one & three terminations, and nine irregular adjectives
- Regular and irregular comparison of adjectives and adverbs
- Pronouns: 3rd person personal, demonstrative, intensive, and reflexive
- Syntax: apposition, adjectives used as nouns, purpose clauses, exhortations, deliberative questions, and objective & partitive genitive